Veolia leads the way in providing innovative, cost-effective environmental solutions which enable ecological transformation to industrial companies, services organisations and the public sector.
Awards and Accreditations
Our leadership has been acknowledged through numerous awards from a wide variety of organisations including:
- Winner of the Innovation Project Waste and Circular Economy category of the Sustainable Business Awards 2023
- Irish Construction Excellence (ICE) Award 2023 Engineering Design Innovation – Element Value Over €10m Category winner
- Winner of the Innovative Deployment of Renewable Energy category of the SEAI Sustainable Energy Awards in 2022
- Reaccreditated with the Business Working Responsibly Mark certification for the third time in 2022 becoming one of the first companies accredited under the updated Version 5 of the Mark which reflects the importance of robust ESG reporting
- IHEEM 2022 Sustainability Organisation of the Year
- Reaccreditated with the Business Working Responsibly Mark certification in 2019 for responsible and sustainable business practices
- Engineers Ireland Certified CPD Employer
- Winner with Aut Even Hospital of the SME category of the SEAI Sustainable Energy Awards in 2018
- Awarded the Business Working Responsibly Mark certification in 2016 for responsible and sustainable business practices
- Winner of the Highly Commended mention at the SEAI Energy Show 2013 for our Virtual Power Plant service
- Winner with Stewarts Care of the SEAI Outstanding Leadership in Energy Management Award 2012 for Major Energy Users
- Overall Winner of the Engineers Ireland MEETA Award 2012 for our work with Diageo Waterford
- Winner of the Public Sector Magazine Excellence in Business Awards 2011, Energy Saving Solutions
- Winner of the European Energy Service Award on September 13th, 2010 in Brussels for our work with Stewarts
Veolia operates a comprehensive Quality Management system which documents all aspects of our performance. Veolia Ireland is certified to the following standards:
- ISO 9001 - Quality Management System
- ISO 140001 - Environmental Management
- ISO 22301 - Business Continuity
- ISO 45001 - Occupational Health and Safety
- ISO 50001 - Energy Management
Fergus ElebertRegional Director - Energy and Facilities Management Services
Fergus, who joined Veolia in 2005, is Regional Director - Central with overall responsibility for a signifant portfolio of energy, water and waste operations on our client sites. Fergus manages a large team of engineers and on-site staff. Prior to this, Fergus was Operations Director for the energy activity within Veolia.
Before joining Veolia Fergus gained extensive experience working with major multinationals in Ireland such as Tetra Pak Ireland Ltd., ABB Ltd. and Alfa Laval Ireland Ltd.
Fergus is a qualified electrical engineer, a member of ISPE (International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers) and a member of ISA (Instrumentation Society of America).
Sinéad PattonRegional Director - Northern Ireland and Chief Finance & Commercial Officer
Sinéad is Regional Director - Northern Ireland where she has responsibility for all of Veolia’s operational activities in the region. In addition, Sinéad is also Chief Finance & Commercial Officer for Veolia across the island of Ireland.
Sinéad, who joined Veolia in 2005, was previously Finance Director for the Industrial Customers division in the UK.
Sinéad is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland.
Declan WhiteRegional Director - Water, Wastewater and Hazardous Waste Services
Declan joined Veolia in 2006 and is the Regional Director with overall responsibility for all of our water, wastewater and hazardous waste services. This includes the design, build and operation of water services facilities and the management and disposal of hazardous waste for blue chip pharmaceutical and micro electronic industrial clients. Prior to joining Veolia, Declan had 15 years’ experience across the engineering and services industries in Ireland and the US.
Declan's teams across many projects include all the main engineering disciplines, along with environmental project management professionals who work together to deliver sustainable solutions to complex environmental challenges.
Declan is a qualified Civil Engineer from UCD and Chartered Engineer with Engineers Ireland.